Club Information
Club History
Club Honours
Club Records
Players Awards

Leagues History
Cups History
Tables in the Past

Club History

Parson's Green FC formed in 1997.

Parson's Green entered the Sportsmans League for the 1997/98 season, and were put into the 4th Division.

Parson's Green won the 4th Division title on the last day of the season, as we drew with Spectraprint 1-1 and our rivals Khellia lost 0-2 against Apollo.

The cup run saw the Club pitted against some tough opposition, including PSV Putney and CMR United Reserves, both of whom were having a good season in the 3rd Division.

Parson's Green won a dramatic semi-final 4-3 after coming from 0-2 down against Apollo.

The final itself saw Parson's Green pitted against CMR United Reserves, who had won the 3rd Division at a canter, without losing a single match (they were very like Lillington are now!)

Parson's Green were serious underdogs going into the final, but it pulled a great result out of the bag, and won the final 3-2 after extra-time (Daniel Rose scoring the dramatic winner!) to clinch an amazing League and Cup Double for Parson's Green. The Cup was the Ron Halfacre Challenge Cup by the way!

The following season, 'Geordie' Ken took over and changed things, bringing in his own players. Lot's of existing players were replaced.

Parson's Green (who had been promoted straight into the 2nd Division) won the title with 2 games to spare.
They were, however, knocked out of the cup in the first round.

Before the 1999/2000 season, Geordie took a majority of his players with him and formed The British Legion, leaving just Scott Goddard, Daniel Rose and the now rejoined Ashley Rose remaining!

The Club was going to fold, when it was decided to take on Tommy Wise.
Tommy Wise, brought in lots of players who would never normally grace the shirt of Parson's Green FC, but it was the only way the club could get 11 player on the pitch each season!

Parson's Green (now playing in the 1st Division) had a poor season, struggled to pick up points, and finished 3rd from bottom that season. However, due to teams pulling out of the Sportsmans League, Parson's Green were permitted a stay of execution in the 1st Division.

The 2000/01 season started pretty much the same as the previous season had ended. Teams no longer feared Parson's Green, and we were letting in 5 or 6 goals a game. Needless to say, Parson's Green FC were relegated at the end of the season, finishing bottom of the 1st Division.

That Summer saw Chairman Bill Sheen take stock of the situation, and Sheen dismissed Wise and all of his players, and Parson's Green were reduced to just 4 players!

Sheen recruited several young local players, and Daniel Rose was appointed Team Manager.

Ashley Rose put an advert on the internet in a last ditch attempt to get more players in, and for the first time, Parson's Green had the luxuary of holding trials for players. James Taylor, Chevy Wall, Olaf Olgiati and Andy Desborough joined the team.

Parson's Green started the 2001/02 season in the 2nd Divison with the aim of survival and just staying up. Daniel Rose did a superb job in taking a newly assembled side, and and clinching the runners-up slot, behind Champions Lillington.

To achieve promotion in his first season was a miracle, and now Rose had the springboard to try to take Parson's Green on even further.

The summer saw a couple of new faces arrive, and James Taylor and Chevy Wall leave the Club as they were finding it tought to break into what had become a good side.

The 2002/03 season stared well for Parson's Green, and the team went from strength-to-strength over the season, beating some good sides, such as Nottingham Old Boys and Acton Sports Club. Parson's Green went into a "double header" against Old Sergeant knowing that maximum points would clinch the 1st Division Championship. Parson's Green were training 0-1 with 3 minutes remaining, when Craig Goddard popped up with two incredible strikes to give Pa

Home | Articles | Team | Season | Club | Links | Archive | Sitemap | Contact Us © O2IP 2003-2019